Our Organic Certification
In October 2014, Organic Farmers & Growers Ltd informed us at Green Keratin that we had been successful in our application for organic certification. Registration Number: UKP0821
Organic Farmers & Growers (OF&G) is one of a number of control bodies accredited by the UK Government’s Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and is approved to inspect organic production and processing in the UK.
As a leader in organic certification for well over a decade, Organic Farmers & Growers has turned its expertise in organic inspection and licensing to this sector and has developed its Cosmetic and Bodycare Standard.
This standard is based on the EU Organic Regulation (EC2092/91) and the Nordic Ecolabelling Standards.
- The entire production, processing and distribution chain should be socially just and ecologically responsible.
- The products should be minimally processed and contain the maximum proportion of organic ingredients (minimum 70%).
- Full traceability of organic ingredients back to the farmer.
- The products should be of high quality and optimal for their purpose.
- No genetically modified organisms or products derived from them may be used.
- The welfare of animals is one of the key principles of organic farming and their well-being.
- No Animal Testing.
- All organic ingredients are grown without the use of pesticides and synthetic fertilizers.
No Animal Testing
We do not test on animals and we only source raw materials which have not been subjected to testing of any sort on animals.
We have joined PETA's Beauty Without Bunnies programme - a scheme that recognises companies that do not test on animals and we are approved to display PETA's cruelty-free bunny logo.